Friday, March 23, 2007

My first meme

I've been tagged with a meme by Southern Mom of 2. Dorky me didn't even know what that was! According to Wikipedia, it's a "unit of cultural information". Then it goes into a bunch of scientific genetic stuff. Anyway, here are the rules:

Here are the rules: list seven songs you are into right now. No matter what they are. They must be songs you are presently enjoying. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

1 & 2. Both are songs from this cd I've been listening to a lot: "You and You Alone". It was an appreciation gift from Pastor to Chris, but I ended up with it in my car. At the time, I was picking most of our worship music. The first time I listened to the cd I thought "Hmm....someone sat down at a meeting and said they needed some edgy music for next service then someone went and wrote it". Then I put it away. A few weeks later I was without decent radio (K Love) and couldn't find my fallback cd, so I stuck it back in. It really started to grow on me. Now I've got two songs I can't stop singing: "You Have Called Me" and "We Will". Actually, I could probably use up all 7 songs on this cd, but I'm trying to be diverse.

3. Bumblebee song by Laurie Berkner. I know, kid tunes aren't supposed to count....but I sing this song all the time when my kids aren't around. I love this lady.

4. I Will Lift My Eyes by Bebo Norman This is just such an awesome song with such an awesome message. Plus, Bebo is an awesome guy. I saw him live last month and while I didn't get to stay long into his set, it was great.

5. How to Save a Life by The Fray I just like it...don't know why. Looks like most of America likes it too right now. I guess that makes it a good song

6. Stand in the Rain by Superchic(k). I typically don't like this group (too....pop for me I guess). But, dark as it may be...the song describes how I feel most of the time. Again, I could definitely benefit from some pharmaceuticals.

7. At the Ballet from A Chorus Line. Chris came home from his last road trip singing it (mmmhmm, that's my husband...pretty, happy and dancing, at the ballet) now it's been stuck in my head all week.

Now I'm supposed to tag seven people...but if you'll see my blogroll, it's pretty slim pickings. So if you're reading this, and you'd like to do a meme, leave me a comment and I'll link you up.

Yay! Shawna Lee at Shoofly Pie and Grits blogged about this meme!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I strolled by your blog via the Bargain Board, and decided to tag myself. So now you've got both a comment, and someone who has taken it upon herself to meme from your meme!!

I've enjoyed reading your blog!!