Monday, March 12, 2007

Eulogy for My Guitar

You were my first guitar. Not the most expensive, or the fanciest guitar I could find, but you were solid. Durable. And most importantly at that time.....blue.

You rode on my back to countless college guitar lessons. You put up with hours of me struggling over the same three chord folk songs. The same (timeless) songs, over and over, without complaint.

You came with me on my first teaching job. You endured hours of eager twelve year olds trying out their hand at "Ode to Joy", "Smoke on the Water", Ozzy, and un-named speed metal licks.

You held your head up through the senseless spray painting at the hands of some delinquents. The guys in the shop said it would damage you more to remove the paint, so you proudly bore those marks until your dying day.

Even today, the last moments of your life were spend accompanying a toddler to an enthusiastic "Jesus Loves Me" before slipping from her little hands and crashing to the floor.

You will be missed.

Rest in Peace, dear friend.



Sammi the Guitar
2000-2007

1 Comment:

brooke said...

Ah! That is so sad. It is just to bad she can't be fixed. Can she?! Sweet dreams Sammi!