Friday, March 16, 2007

Jesus Needs a Cookie.

Only a two year old can say something like that and be completely serious. And only a mother can reply "You just tell Jesus he needs to wait until after dinner for cookies" with a straight face. Honestly, the only reason I didn't laugh it because I really needed to pee, but Celia really doesn't want me to for some unknown reason. All I know is that I can't pee when someone is screaming at me not to pee. It's some wacked out version of mommy boot camp or something.

Back to Jesus and his cookies. First, you must know that my girl has a bit of a thing for Jesus. Which is adorable in it's own right (though a bit mortifying since every time we walk into Lowes she starts squealing "I want to see Jeeeeesus!" at the top of her lungs. Ugh, I hate blow up yard decorations...even if they do depict our Lord and Savior) When we go to church she is always sure to hunt up a baby doll and claim to care for baby Jesus (so what if he's in pink?). She likes Jesus. But she is also trying to use Jesus for her own little agenda.

Next, here is the Jesus who is requesting cookies.




That's right, I have a Jesus action figure. Isn't he the coolest thing ever?

Don't misunderstand. This is not some little idol to carry around and worship. He can't save your soul anymore than a Spiderman action figure can really websling. Honestly though, if you're going to play with action figures, you might as well play with a Jesus action figure. Isn't Jesus the greatest action figure of all time. I mean, if you think about it....Spiderman can swoop in and rescue you from eminent physical danger....but he can't do a darn thing for your soul.

Plus, in addition to the "Jesus needs a cookie" line he has inspired other timeless classics like

"Whoops, I just sat on Jesus"

and

"Girls! Stop fighting over Jesus. If you can't share Jesus, I'm going to take him away!"

4 Comments:

Christopher Scott Jones said...

I'm partial to the lunch lady figure, myself.

Rebecca said...

What are her superpowers? Because, honestly, if she can't whoop villains with the sound of her voice....I'm not sure she'd be worth the $7.50.

Christopher Scott Jones said...

Some of my high school's sloppy joes could cripple any villian.

jedijawa said...

I love it! I've seen this on Archie McPhee and I got my mom the Librarian action figure (with "shushing action"). Shouldn't Jesus have "healing action" or something like that?