Saturday, February 3, 2007

Charlie Hall and Bebo Norman

Chris and I got to check out the Charlie Hall and Bebo Norman concert at Chestnut Ridge Church last night. It was really awesome. We saw Charlie at Willow Creek Church in Chicago when we were there for the arts conference. It was overwhelmingly awesome at Willow Creek, but I figured part of that was the venue (Willow Creek is an awesome place). But, Charlie was just as good last night a Chestnut Ridge! He also had more time so we got to hear commentary between songs. Both he and Bebo were pretty funny! Bebo's music was also great....but I prefer the "rock" of Charlie Hall. Plus, Chris and I had to leave early because we told Heather we've be back by 10 for Celia, so we had to leave before Bebo really got into his set. We did get to see and talk to Charlie in the hall as we were leaving, which was also pretty cool.

Chestnut Ridge is one of the churches that we're excited to be checking out during our "shop" for a new church home. I was surprised that I wasn't overly impressed with the Chestnut Ridge's worship team (they did an opening set). They were having some sound issues....and I know how hard it is to work with all that stuff when you have a guest group come in...things are changed to suit them. We're planning on going to the 11:00 service this Sunday. Jordan has already been to a Saturday night service there and enjoyed it, but they only have children's church on sunday, so I'd like to go then.

Celia peed on the floor in Heather's new kitchen. I kind of figured that would happen...but she had done so well with the potty training, I was hoping it wouldn't. Unfortunately....when you're new to the whole "peeing in the potty" thing, it rates way down on your priority list. Definately under running around the kitchen with your friends. So today we work more with running around the house, naked, potty training.

I'm also hoping to get to Morgantown and get some shopping done. Walgreens has a toilet paper deal (free) so I want to stop there. Plus I'm hoping to go check out this piano. It was list in the Giveaway section of our local paper. I've been wanting a "real" piano for quite some time. We have a very nice electronic one, but it's getting older and needs some work. Plus...the real thing is just a status thing for me. Anyway, the guy gave me manufacturer and serial number...Chris and I are estimating that it's form 1904! Which would make it an actual antique instead of just plain old (like most of our other things). The guy said none of the keys are broken, none of the strings or hammers are broken, though the hammers have grooves from playing the strings. So I'm hoping to go check it out then talk Chris and Bo into getting it for me. We'll see how that goes! We need a bigger circle of friends for projects like this!

Chuck is already here working on the bathroom! Hopefully we'll make some good progress this weekend and I can work in there this week! We're just at the point right now where it's all plumbing and cement....nothing I can help with.

0 Comments: