Monday, March 26, 2007

Things that make you go EWWWW!

Number One on the List of EWWW:

The smell of my house late last week. Stank. I mean nasty. The bad part was that I couldn't really figure the smell out. First, I just though it was that stale smell that I feel like the house gets after days of rain. Nope. Then I thought it was the Cantelope I had ripening on the counter telling me in a not so subtle way that it was time to be cut up. Nope.

Could not find the smell anywhere. Chris came home and I'm wandering the house, sniffing. Trying to find the odor. I did mention that it smelled kind of like a sippy cup that someone had forgotten....but that couldn't be it because I'd looked in all the usual "hidden sippy" places. Under the bed, in the bag, behind a chair, even the toys box.

Well, the weekend came around with glorious weather. Windows wide open, ceiling fans on bringing the fresh spring air in....it was great. Smell was gone.

Fast forward to this evening. I'm doing my wander around the house putting select random things away (not cleaning....it's 11:00, I'm just wandering really). I scoop up some stray wooden food and turn to deposit it in the "wooden food basket" of my daughter's kitchen (her cabinets are so organized. Why is it I can keep her cabinets looking nice, but not my own?) I spy the spout of a cup poking up through the fake fruits and veggies. Gross-ola! I knew I smelled something stank. Luckily it's trash night, so that puppy when straight to the curb.

Number Two on the List of EWWWW:

My sweet daughter has some unusual tastes. last week I made some bacon crumbles for salads and such over the weekend. She had been sneaking a few of those after they cooled, but that's alright. I can understand a love of bacon. Plus, she didn't get that much before I put them in the fridge.

She did manage to sneak in and hook the mug of harded bacon grease (otherwise know as LARD) off the counter and dig in. I walked into the kitchen (looking for her because it was quiet and quiet is bad!) to find her licking a lard covered finger clean. I screamed, gasped, gagged, danced around making noises of disgust. She just wanted to know "Mommy, why you take my cheese away?"

Number Three on the List of EWWW:

Same sweet princess dumping half a shaker of salt on the counter, then methodically licking a finger, placing in the salt, and licking clean. The worst part is, even she thought it was nasty, but she just kept right on doing it!

Number Four on the List of EWWW:

On the way home from soccer I was blissfully singing along to my cd. I glanced in the rearview mirror to discover that both boys had two fingers in their mouths. Straight from the soccer field mud and muck covered fingers. Yeah, they are both 9, but I guess if you put your index fingers between you molars and bite kind of hard for awhile, then take your fingers out, hook them together and pull, it feels strange....or painful....or something. I also forgot to mention this to the other boy's parents. So guys, if you read this before I remember to tell you....whoops, sorry about that. If the boys get worms later in the week I'll treat you to a worming treament! Yummy.

1 Comment:

jedijawa said...

Ewww is right! :p