Thursday, March 1, 2007

MOPS meeting.

I went to my first MOPS meeting (Mothers of PreSchoolers) at Chestnut Ridge. There were a ton of mommies there, way more than I had expected! It was very nice.....I've heard that some other groups can be cliquey or stuck up, but there was definately none of that this morning. Everyone I spoke to was very open and friendly. Since there are so many, they even divide up in small groups after the main speaker. There were about 10 in my group...they get together outside of MOPS and invited me with them this week. I don't think I'm ready for that yet, but I plan on joining and going for the rest of the semester.

Jordan loved it. Since he's still off school (water...still) he got to go to an older kid's group (some of the moms home school). He was excited to make new friends. Celia did fine but was crying when I picked her up. The worker said she just started fussing for the last few minutes, but was great and had fun the rest of the time. I think she's just overtired. She's not been sleeping well because of this night time asthma cough. She said she had fun playing in the gym!

0 Comments: