Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Days Like These....

....you either laugh, or you cry. Sometimes you do both, all at once.

We started out the day alright. Celia decided again that she was having nothing to do with a diaper. Fine by me, let's potty train!

We've done this several times before. We've been close, but never quite there. Once, we went four days without diapers...then she got a stomach bug and diapers were needed. Sometime after that, she became scared to poo in the potty. She can stay dry all day.......but refused to poo in the potty.

I figured today would be a great day to tackle that fear. And we kind of did. After many, many false starts and trips to the bathroom. After an entire Blues Clues Musical Movie played on the MacBook in the bathroom while sitting on the potty. After the promise of "Mommy's Outrageous Poopy Dance". After the promise of a blue sucker that she would be allowed outside. After mommy started to fall asleep on the bathroom rug, my girl managed to put a little poo in the potty.

Dances were done, panties were put on, friends were called, we broke out the blue sucker, the bubble machine, and we extended nap time to play outside.

By this time.....I'm a walking zombie. While unable to sleep most of the night, I still can't seem to nap in the afternoons, but I can crash on the couch in a zombie like state during nap time. So I'm just about drooling for nap time here. I made it through the play outside celebration and tried to put my very excited little girl down for a nap. It was tough, but I finally had her little eyes closing...so I popped her in her bed and stumbled downstairs.

Then one of those stupid cats snuck in her room and tried to nap with her. Which never works. She gets so excited that they are laying within arms reach that it totally ruins her nap (which in turn, ruins nap for both me and the cat). I really tried to put her back to sleep, but it wasn't going to happen. So I left her in her room and told her to stay on her bed while I waited for Jordan to come home.

He got home, we talked about his day...and all was quiet upstairs. Then my friend called and we started talking....well, mostly I started venting. I'm exhausted....and I'm probably going to be exhausted for the rest of my life. The things that are taking a toll on me and wearing me down.....they are just never going to change. It's a pretty daunting and upsetting thought.

Anyway, so now I'm upset....talking to her, and I hear Celia start babbling up there....so I send Jordan up to open her gate and let her come down. There's nothing she loves more than seeing Bubby come around the corner! He goes up and the I hear him say "Uh-Oh". He comes down to inform me that she had removed her diaper (I put one on for nap, no way are we ready for that yet!) and flung poo again.

I sent him to watch Animal Planet (his current favorite), and went up to deal with the poo flinger. Honestly. I have never seen a pile of poo that large outside of a hayfield. Where does she get it?

And more importantly....why won't she put it in the potty?

Anyway....a cowpie of that size in your family room is enough to make you laugh, even if you were still crying.

Luckily, I've managed to channel all my inner rage and sadness and got a ton of crap done around the house today....a monumental EIGHT loads of laundry, clean folded and PUT AWAY! I also started cleaning the side porch so it's usable now that it's warm, ran the vacuum, cleaned the kitchen, and put a second coat of drywall mud up in the bathroom. A great example of how fried my brain is at this point it time......I found it impossible to remember where I had worked and where I still needed to work in this tiny 5x8 room. I spent a lot of time examining the area to try and see what was new mud I'd just put up and what was there when I started. It really shouldn't be that hard.

1 Comment:

Wendy said...

Dang girl, you need a break. I never do that much in a day.

Hope you get some much needed rest, soon. Real soon.

Sorry about that poo flinging. Never had that. And god, I hope I never do. I would just throw up and then I would have more to clean up.