Saturday, March 31, 2007

I Love the Marriot

I really do.

Every time we come here I find something new to enjoy. This visit, I discover they’ve expanded the complimentary items in the bathroom. Now, instead of your shampoo, conditioner, soap, and lotion……we also have mouthwash, Q-Tips, a shower cap, and the cutest little sewing kit.

I think I’m most excited about that shower cap. That baby is definitely coming home with us! It could really come in handy in case my kids every catch lice and I have to smear their little heads with goop for hours at a time. Now, my kids have never gotten lice…..but it’s possibly and something I worry about on at least a weekly basis. My head is itching just thinking about it! So that shower cap may come in handy!

They did not choose to include the one item my husband forgot to bring…deoderant. I caught him snickering as he stole mine. Stood right in front of me and fluffed his armpot hair before applying me pristine deodorant to it. Blech. Marriot…..could you put a little deodorant in the bathroom for my surprise next time? I’d really love you for it!

The also did not include a tranquilizer dart for my toddler. That would have come in really handy too. Putting a two year old to sleep in a new room in the same bed as her brother is not the easiest task. Finally, after several threats about the pool from mommy, she settled down and went to sleep. Unfortunately for Jordan, this girl hates blankets. I mean, we train babies that blankets are evil. “Lay on your back and not blankets for a year, they could kill you!” Then one day we change our story, “Here, cover up with this so your don’t freeze to death!” Too late. Her little baby legs are already trained. They piston up and down in a wild defensive mechanism to keep that dangerous blanket away from her neck. She won’t have anything to do with the things! Which is a real bummer for anyone else who IS trying to sleep under the blanket beside her.

Another discovery, not so pleasant this time. The pool is 94 degrees. Barely 7 degrees cooler than the hot tub. Also known as the perfect tempature to breed bacteria. My kids love to swim in the hotel pool, but it makes me feel like I’m marinating in human stew. Thank goodness it’s way chlorinated, or else we’d all go home with pink eye and who know what other nasty infections.

Anyway, we are having a great trip this far. We swam in the pool for a few hours then went to Red Lobster for dinner. Jordan was very happy as they had both clams and smoothie. Celia just loves to eat out….and this place has a big tank of those lobsters to watch, so she was in toddler heaven! Then dad’s food came an he was eating a lobster tail, which really perplexed her. She really wanted to know where the rest of the lobster was and kept saying “Show me the claw dad!”

She also really wanted to play with the lobster tail, but since she tested positive as being allergic to shrimp, we’re avoiding all contact with shellfish, just to be safe. Nasty parents that we are……we’ll still eat the stuff though.

Her allergies are the reason I’m up at 3 in the morning. She has this thing called Reactive Airway Disease…which doesn’t mean she has asthma…..it just means when her allergies are bothering her, she has asthma symptoms. She started a few days ago and we started her back on her meds (Singulair and Zyrtec), but it takes a few days for them to start working effectively. Hopefully this will be the last night of coughing all night long (which is a major sign of childhood asthma. We didn’t know this and were perplexed for the longest time about it.) I don’t know how she (and the rest of my family) sleep through it, but they do. I cringe every time she has a coughing fit….and sometimes I’ll lay with her and thump her on the back for long periods of time…..just so I can feel like I’m doing something.

0 Comments: