Sunday, March 11, 2007

Heathens!

We're heathens I tell you!

We totally skipped out on any church this morning. I knew it was going to happen since Chris and I were still up talking at 1 or 3 or whatever time it was. This whole time change thing has me all messed up. It was late though. But we hadn't had time to really talk (about a bunch of nothing) in a week so we each had funny stories to tell. We also needed to fight with the alarm clock since it was also very confused by the time change.

Missing church is something we haven't done in.....years. We don't go when we're at the beach (churches are hard to find on the Outer Banks) and I missed about a month when I was pregnant with Celia. (I spent most of my time while pregnant hugging the toilet and praying to God that he get me through pregnancy alive, so I think that totally counts. Plus, I'm sure all the church people appreciated that I did THAT at home instead of in the middle of service).

Anyway, Chris rolled out of bed with Celia when she got up at 6 or 8 or whatever time it was she popped into action this morning. He has the ability to turn on cartoons and then go back to sleep on the couch...which I can't do. I was very grateful for the opportunity to snooze alone. In bed.

When we finally all got moving, we decided it was a great day for a bike ride at the parking lot of the middle school. This was Celia's first "bike ride".


Here are Celia and Daddy exploring the school. Dad went to school here for a year of high school. Then they built a fancy new school and this one because a middle school. It's still a great building and I love it.



Celia is riding her bike with all she's got! Dad was a bit disappointed that she didn't "get" the whole pedal thing, but this girl can move!



Once she gets bored riding her bike, she finds a great big pile of leftover snow. Celia loves snow and was delighted that since it was so warm (almost 50) she didn't have to wear gloves and could actually touch the stuff. Mom was thoroughly grossed out because this particular pile of snow was covered in cinders and other nasty looking dirt....



Come here little girl, let me eat your fingers! Not really, but that snow was cold and required some serious hand warming.

There's Jordan. He's been zooming around the lot this whole time satisfying his need for speed. He also briefly considered crashing his bike off a platform into a big pile of snow, until mom informed him that would likely result in blood or broken bones.



So that was our afternoon of family fun. We left when some unsupervised punk with an undesirable vocabulary showed up wearing a shirt that said "Beer. Helping ugly people get laid since 1930".

0 Comments: