Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Slinging Mud and Flinging Poo

No, not the preverbial mud thrown around by politicians and talk show hosts. Drywall mud! Our bathroom is finally to the point where I can get in there and do something....so I started taping and mudding the joints today. I'm half excited, half terrified I'm going to mess it up.

Unfortunately, the timing couldn't be worse. Last week, I had NOTHING going on. I was bored out of my gourd. This week we have guitar, church, MOPS, and I'm planning to taking the kids to Charleston friday night. That's usually how it goes though...I'll just get as much as I can done and finish it next week. Then we move on to tile. Woohoo!

Celia was a little angel while I was working on that and the zillion other things I had going on today. But she did NOT want to take a nap. I put her in there, thought she went to sleep, and came down to fix my lunch. Just as I sat down to some really good potato skins I heard the patter of little feet and clanking of toys. I figured she could play for a few minutes while I ate and then I'd go up and play the "take your nap bad guy". When I finally went up there, can you guess what I found? That's right. Poop. In the family room. That little monkey had pooped, removed her skirt, taken off the diaper....and THREW the poop into the family room.

That right there is why God made children so cute. So you would have to fight the urge to laugh (because everyone know that totally undermines discipline efforts) instead of fighting the urge to throttle them.

2 Comments:

Christopher Scott Jones said...

Mine son is just now getting the hang of crawling, so if we turn around for a minute the next thing we know he is in the kitchen with one hand in the cat box.

Rebecca said...

Yeah, if she could get to the cat boxes she would probably fling the cat's poo as well. She's not discriminate in poo flinging.