Sunday, March 4, 2007

Wrath- You can dress it up, but you still can't take it out.

(My thoughts on this week's sermon at Chestnut Ridge Church. This was week 5 of their series titled "Seven" discussing sin. I encourage you to listen to it on their site, it's great!)

That's right....you can put it in jeans from the Gap and give it a nice shiny SUV, but anger is still anger. It's still in there.....somewhere.

Not that much of what I wear comes from the Gap, and shiny would NOT be a good description for our SUV, but I do have some anger issues.

Emotional issues in general, but anger is a pretty strong emotion that I deal with quite often. Pastor Bill Walker talked a little about two different kinds of anger: implosive and explosive. I'm a real weirdo in this category because I do tend to internalize my anger....for a little while. Until I get good and heated and then just let it all out. I think I do a decent job at directing my anger where it belongs.....and that most of it is justifiable anger (if not righteous....). I also think I do a decent job about working through my anger. I generally can't hold a grudge or stay angry with anyone for an extended period of time, provided I work through or around the cause of the anger. And as I get older I think I'm getting better about talking through things with other people on a rational way and dealing with problems as they come up.

Ack, there were so many great points I wanted to share just running around in me head this morning, but I seem to have forgotten them all. We stopped at the hospital on the way home to visit a friend, and she pretty much blew my mind with her amazing faith and strength.

Anyway, thanks to my small circle of friends and readers....for letting me vent my anger with you. (Which is a healthy, recommended way of dealing with anger) Take a minute to listen to the sermon....I'm doing a horribly inadequate job of sharing powerful points!

0 Comments: