Friday, February 9, 2007

Woohoo! I love my cake!

I'm so exciting that this cake came out! I don't know what it will taste like, but I think it looks pretty good, especially for my first attempt at rolled fondant icing! It's definately not baker quality as you can see little marks or wrinkles in the icing and it's pretty thick (I was afraid to roll it too thin).





This is the bow that will go on top. I'm just going to sit it up there and take it off before cutting. It's all edible, but it's enough sugar to kill a person!



That's Baby cat peeking around the corner. Those darn cats. The kids sure love them though...

4 Comments:

Elisa said...

I saw your post on the bargain board. Your cake is adorable but I bet you're right about all that sugar.

For some reason it reminds me of the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland.

Was it for a theme?

Elisa said...

Oh my gosh, you're in WV, lol.

I'm just south of you in VA. :)

Rebecca said...

No theme really. I was just looking for something easy since it was my first one. I think next time I'm going to try a plain pink one with dark chocolate piped in victorian swirls. Mmmm.....chocolate!

brooke said...

LOL! It is a gorgeous cake for a first effort. I think I will just stick to scones & other bread like items. Good job!