Thursday, February 8, 2007

I'm making a cake!

I'm getting really excited about this cake I'm working on! I'm a miserable failure with buttercream icing so I've always stuck to glazes (or a bakery!) when I need a pretty cake. So now I'm biting the bullet and trying this fondant icing thing! I'd always heard it was SO hard, and so far it's really not! Like playing with Play-Doh mostly. I rolled out some for this pretty bow for the top of the cake (it has to dry in shape before you put it on the cake) and it looks goo this morning! It will either be a great looking cake or a miserable failure.....either way I'm having fun with it. One more perk about being a SAHM is I have to try stuff like this...

Here's the start of my bow. Doesn't look like much, but I assure you this is exactly what it's SUPPOSED to look like at this stage:





Finally, Jordan goes to school! Funny thing is, it's only 2 degrees warmer than when they cancelled school on monday and tuesday for cold. I guess they finally decided that was ridiculous.

I also need to do some laundry today. We had a bit of a backup (ummm.....Chris and his laundry. I went on strike two weeks ago and stopped washing his laundry. He was being vile and not doing an of his chores. Needless to say, when he started running low on underwear, things changed. But I still make him wash his own from that week, which was almost more trouble than it's worth. Almost, but not quite wink) anyway, he finished his laundry last night so now I can do laundry (including his this time silly)

We're still on a break from potty training, which is frustrating both Celia and I. I think she's ready......but her poo is not. She's still having very messy diapers 3 or so times a day, so until that clears up....I just don't know. Poor thing went to bed with a bit of a rash, so I'm thinking some "free range" time might do her bottom good this morning!

2 Comments:

Elisa said...

I'm a sahm, too. It is fun, isn't it?

Rebecca said...

It's the best job in the world....never anything I thought I would want to do. Now I can't imagine ever going back to work even after my toddler is in school!