Saturday, February 10, 2007

Party Day

Well, it's party day and I'm in no mood for a party. Mostly because I'm going to have to be at the church FOREVER. A month ago when we started planning this housewarming party we decided 4-6 would be best since it's a dinner thing. J said that was fine with him, so I made up the invites and passed them out with 4-6 on it. Well, last week in the church bulletin it was advertised as 2-5. After that screw-up (or not, I'm still wondering....) J said he'd prefer it at that time anyway! Nice. Now some people think it's 2-5 and some think it's 4-6 . They had the church calling machine call, bu no one listens to that thing. Every week it's the same.

"God is Good, All the Time! This is ---------- with church, calling to remind you that this sunday we'll be having service at 10, sunday school at 9. Please, bring a friend and join us for a great service"

Really.....church at 10 on sunday? Whew, glad they remind people. Someone might forget that we do that EVERY SINGLE WEEK!

By "we" I don't mean Chris and I...since we don't go there anymore. It's just a general "we".

Anyway, so no one listens to that machine and now people are going to be there all afternoon, which means I have to be there all afternoon. Plus, housewarmings are supposed to be low key....since I planned it for two hours, I didn't plan a lot of stuff. I figured we'd eat, talk, have J open gifts, and we're done. Well that's not going to take 4 hours! So I'm taking the MacBook and we can take funny pictures of everyone.....Heather is bringing catchphrase, I'm bringing my Bible version of MadGab. Thank goodness for Heather......this party would suck without her. She's so good at remembering all the little things (that really do matter) that I totally forget.

I'm off to make a casserole, then buy some bread and salad!

0 Comments: