Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Frustration.

Ugh...that's been my whole day so far. Just one frustrating thing after another.

First, dealing with the water company. Our water looks nasty (again) so I called them to find out what the deal was. They are treating the water with Manganese, which discolors is, but it's still safe to drink. Since I don't believe much of anything a water dept employee says, I googled it. It's either perfectly safe or will give us all Parkinson's. Ask me in 20 years.

Next, the gas company. Last night I got an e-mail that our February bill was ready. I accessed it....and found it to be over $600!!! Holy cats! Are you freaking kidding me?!?! We've NEVER had a gas bill over $300 for one month! Now, I know it was cold, but jeez! So I called them today. It's an estimate, but they recommend that I go ahead and pay it, they'll adjust it next month. Right.....last time I checked Dominion Hope doesn't pay interest on their overcharges. I asked for an actual reading....got "transferred" (read, hung up on) and had to call back. This time schedule a reading for tomorrow and found that there is a "glitch" in the system that is overestimating bills this month. But the lady told me how to read my meter and I looked....hopefully I'm doing it wrong because it's actually MORE than the estimate.

Celia....not into napping today. At all. She also got into Jordan's lunch and got out his Tapioca pudding. She ripped it open before I got to her, so I set it aside for her to eat later.....she found it this afternoon and helped herself. Tapioca is hard to wipe off.

Plus, Jordan and his lunch. We got home from shopping (I needed a little retail therapy) at 11:00 and I found his lunch sitting on the piano. I threw Celia back in the car and ran that over to the school....and we just got back from picking him up. We needed to give him a ride home today since he had his guitar for the talent show and I didn't want him taking it on the bus.

My husband will not answer or return any calls from home...which just irritates me to no end! I know, you're working, you're busy....but come on! Spare 5 minutes each day for your family! Again.....we're talking radio, not a cure for cancer here. Of course I can't JUST be mad...that's too easy. The disaster oriented part of my brain keeps throwing in "What if something's really wrong..." scenarios. Which in turn makes me even more mad because I know NOTHING is wrong, he does this all the time when he travels, he knows I start to worry and does it anyway. It's an endless cycle of guilt (because I'd feel really bad if something had happened, you can bet I'd delete this blog in a hurry!) and anger.......

On the sunny side of things, shopping went well. K-Mart did not have what I was looking for (there are rumored to be Pampers and PullUps clearance for $1 at select KMarts) but did have some good coupons that I picked up for later use. I cleaned out Target's Valentine clothing section. They had a lot of really cute toddler things, so I got her a few for this year (who says girls can't wear hearts all spring) and a ton of stuff for the next few years. At less than $1 each piece, I was pretty happy! Plus we bought tons of valentines to play with (and for the tattoos!). Celia found this little Backyardigans mailbox and has been playing with it most of the day. More free Choxie and some free chips! I also picked up some of that St John's Wort stuff....it says right on the bottle that it's a "mood enhancer". Now if I could just be brave enough to take some....

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw your link on the Bargain Website. I live in Fairmont and think we may have been a KMart around the same time today. I thought that I was the only one in the area who is a really big Bargain hunter. I belong to the MOPS at Chestnut Ridge even though I go to church at Faith UMC in downtown Fairmont. Just wanted to drop a line to tell you it is a small world. Rebecca (as well) three_leos@yahoo.com

Rebecca said...

Wow, that is SO awesome! We're kind of looking around for a new church right now, I'd love to hear more about yours!

I was planning on going to the Chestnut Ridge MOPS meeting...but since school was cancelled it was too. I'm hoping to go to the next one and see that I think!

I thought I was the only Northern WV bargain mama!! Nice to know I'm not alone!