Monday, February 12, 2007

Grumpy and Foul

Well I'm seriously grumpy and foul this evening! Mostly about all of our stuff! We are just overcome with junk! Chris and I are cleaning the basement out (again, should we really have to do this every freaking year!) and our slow progress is frustrating. Plus, I'm aware that it's completely unreasonable for me to expect to deep clean the kitchen (done) dining room (95% done) and bedroom (ummm....I hung new curtains. shabbily at that) all while potty training my toddler and supervising a play date.....but expect I did, so now I'm grumpy.

I think the biggest bummer of the whole evening is that while I avoided laziness all day long, I totally crashed after dinner and forgot to put away the left half of the pot roast. Horribly wasteful.....and I was dying to make lo mien with it later in the week. I think I make a pretty killer lo mien (americanized, I'm sure) and I've been craving it. I'm just SO mad at myself for that one.

Plus, when I get in this mean and crabby mood....I find it hard to be nice to Chris. Now, my kid's cuteness cuts through just about any grumpiness.....but Chris doesn't have cuteness on his side. Don't get me wrong, he's a very handsome man. But handsome doesn't tug at your soul like cute does......so I find myself just about sneering at him because he's irritatingly into a basketball game. Honestly....why must he yell at the players and call them names? Or ask the tv questions? It's not ever going to answer back. And the hand clapping.....

Moods like this are what make me seriously consider calling up my doctor and requesting some mood enhancing pharmaceuticals.

In hopes of reaching a better mood tomorrow, I'm going to start with some better goals. I will:

Finish dining room (not dwell upon condition of the furniture and dream over painting it black as mom mentioned)

Deep clean bedroom......unfortunately that includes laundry.

Make Valentine's Day cookies

Help Jordan with his Valentines.

There......that sounds pretty do-able. I'm also going to end this blog with some good thoughts.....Jordan is doing great in school, we had a very nice Parent-teacher conference. I have good tea, a Senseo, and coffee mate....and my favorite tea stirring spoons, which make for a very fancy cup of tea. My front porch is now clean and less white-trashy (if you ignore the one white rail, one black rail, and half hacked off bush....couldn't exactly do anything about those tonight!) And while we have no clean bath towels for morning (hand towel anyone?) my favorite pajamas ARE clean.

1 Comment:

brooke said...

I heartily endorse the pharamceuticals! :) Hope you are feeling better!