Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Another Day, Another Snowstorm

Here we are on day 5 of no school. Which means Jordan has been home for about 7 days straight (except a sleepover and church). I kind of feel bad, because I honestly don't mind. I felt bad because I was sick yesterday and we did NOTHING, so I asked him what special thing he'd like to do today....he said he liked just sitting in his room playing Legos.....though he could use a new book since he's read all his! What a kid! It makes me think about homeschooling again.....but only for a little bit. I know public school has it's faults, but so does the real world. I guess I'd rather have him learn to deal with them as he's growing, rough as that may be sometimes. Besides, I'm afraid I'd get lazy to stuck on a concept and he'd never get into a good college. But it is nice to have him at home on these nice unexpected breaks.

We got 3 or 4 inches of snow last night and Jordan was just dying to get out there and shovel it off. So I bundled him up and let him go out....for about 15 minutes. Then he was frozen and needed to come in. It looks so sunny and nice out there with big piles of white snow, but it's just bitter cold. He did manage to get the steps cleared before the mailman came, which is pretty impressive in my opinion.

He came in and got warmed up with some hot cocoa. Celia doesn't like cocoa but goes crazy for marshmallows, so she got juice and a bowl of marshmallows. Silly girl will eat just about anything you put in front of her but won't drink anything warm or carbonated.

We ordered Papa John's Pizza last night (a real rarity from cheapskate mom!) I was in no mood to cook the kids were begging for it. Celia described it as "just right". She's very into Goldilocks and the Three Bears, so I think that was quite a compliment.

Jordan still has one lonely balloon on the ceiling!

0 Comments: