Thursday, February 15, 2007

Radio or Rocket Science

Looks like they are having more problems at the radio station. They've been calling with one problem after another since 7:30 AM. Chris took a short break from answering calls to take a shower and actually go to work. They called while he was in the shower and when I told them he was in the shower, here is what I was told:

"Well, we have an emergency here, we have NO logs for AJR FM. Tell him we'll even talk to him wet!"

Are you kidding me? This is radio we're talking about here! It's not brain surgery, it's not life or death! Let the man have a shower! To translate the radio speak.....I think AJR is still talk radio (who listens to that?). Logs are just how they merge commercials and music/talk together (? I could have this all wrong, I'm sure Chris will correct me if that's the case) so what's happening is that commercials aren't being played. Now I know that's a real bummer, that's how the radio stations make $$$, by playing commercials. But come on!

Enough of my radio rant for the day. Jordan has no school again. Like I've said before, I love having him at home, but I hate the thought that they will probably have to make all these days up in June. Today we've got to make a model of Venus (the planet, not the Roman god). And we'll be working on more fractions. Jordan never has any problem with any reading based subject (lit, science, social studies, spelling) because he's an awesome reader (he just finished the Hobbit, which I think is an 8th or 9th grade level book). He just takes a little longer to catch on to higher level math concepts. Once he gets his brain wrapped around all the rules and processes, he does great. We've found a couple websites with fun fraction games. My favorite is Fun Brain's Soccer Shootout.

He likes all of the Fun Brain Math Arcade games, plus we always spend some time playing different games to refine the multiplication table. You really can't know those too well.

Celia and I will probably fight over the wearing of clothes (or not, as she prefers) and potty training (I'm of the opinion that if you're going to run around naked, you must use the potty. She thinks that potty is simply one option you've got on a whole list of fun places to pee in the house).

I've got some bread mixed up (finally)! I'm trying just a plain old white bread this time (mmm....but not as healthy). My oatmeal bread is a bit heavy, so I'm trying to see if it's jsut the way i make bread or my oatmeal bread recipe.

0 Comments: