Friday, February 2, 2007

Well, maybe just a little water....

Pleasant surprise this morning.....we still have water! It's not drinkable, but you can still flush toilets! I went with my friend last night to one of the sites where they were giving out drinking water than the guys working there had been told the whole city would be out by midnight.......thankfully it seems they were wrong! Local news here is a real waste of airspace and cover nothing....so everything you hear is just that...something someone "heard" from somewhere else. Very frustrating! We're still under a boil water advisory, and morning new said they didn't find the leak....so I got everyone nice and clean then filled the tub again. Just in case.

Chris and I are still hoping to go to our Charlie Hall concert tonight....unless Heather jumps ship. (not that i could blame her) She was talking last night of taking her kids and staying with her mom for a few days....I doubt she'll go unless we really do run out of water. I feel so bad because she stopped over last night after worship team practice. It was the first one without Chris and I.

Sunday morning.....oh the options! I think this Sunday we're checking out the church that's our current favorite....a mega-church the next town over. We also have several in our town we'd like to check out. Yesterday the music pastor at one of them took DH to lunch and told him how much they would love to have us there. He and his wife are great people and we'd love to spend more time with them, but I'm worried the church itself might be too similiar to the one we've just left on some issues (halloween, alcohol, homosexuality)......but we'll see.

So we continue on with Commondo Potty Training.....Day 2. Seems to be going well so far! No accidents and she tells me when she has to go. I really hope this happens.

Since Jordan's home I've got some cool science experiments to try.....static electricity! One where you mix salt and pepper together and ask him to separate them (!). Then you show him how you can make a balloon staticky and it will pull the pepper out. Another where you can make a meter to measure the static properties of different things.

0 Comments: