Thursday, February 22, 2007

Looking Up

Successfully made it through the taking Jordan to school and milk retrieval. Tried to sit outside in the car and see if it would overheat...but the then guy from the gas company pulled up so I figured we shoud go in the house (*cringe* how did that look? a lady and her toddler sitting in the car outside thir house, just reading the paper........)

Unfortunately, I was reading the numbers right. They are higher than the estimate. I will be auctioning a kidney to pay the gas bill this month. Jk...but that's a real bummer. So much for a saving account.

The very nice gas man offered to come in a check for leaks. He didn't find any buy think our boiler could use service (ya think? it's about 50 years old!) and gave me a company to call. I called them and they are sending someone out to give it a once over....and possibly (if it's neccesary, and I'm pretty sure it will be) give us an estimate on a new boiler. He was also very nice when I was profusely apologing over the mess of our basement (we're remodeling a bathroom, plus, we just have a lot of junk down there. It's alternating piles a displaced furniture, sawdust, and building supplies) and told me "Hey, this is nothing, you wouldn't beleive some of the places I see!"

Regardless, I spent most of the morning in a cleaning frenzy since the heating repair guy was very vague about when someone would stop by ("They'll call before they come"). Could be today, could be next week....who knows? Likely it will be tomorrow when I have the car at the shop.

Anway, result of cleaning frenzy is that I didn't have the morning to mope around and the house is clean. Both of which make me feel better. Still not good enough to visit with my friend (I think it was a pity invite anyway....but I told her I'm still feeling kind of toxic and just wanted to stay home with the kids) but better.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, I almost cried when I was reading your posts, if only because in each one, I could see myself. How's that for a run on?
I've been there with the car. I almost ran mine out of OIL right before Chrstmas, and had the same feelings you did. I didn't want to tell anybody! I'm smarter than that!

I've been there with the guilt/anger cycle. If they only knew what goes through our minds. I try to be honest and tell him, but it doesn't do a damn thing. Your hubby should know better.

And if I were you, you couldn't PAY me to walk back into that old church of yours. What a bunch of crap. That lady---I am just at a loss for words there hon.

I know you are overwhelmed. But look at the jobs you are doing this week? You are wearing so many hats, doing the job of at least 5 people. AND YOU'RE DOING A GREAT JOB. I'm sending up a prayer for patience for the both of us, ok?
(((((HUGS)))))

Rebecca said...

You know, I thought the same thing when I was reading through your stuff!

Really most of the people from the old church are great. A couple bad apples....but we just aren't ready to leave that Wednesday night Bible study group yet. It's a small group...just about 10 of us. We really mesh, have great fellowship, and learn a lot. Until we find a new church "home"...that little wednesday night group is our spiritual anchor.

It means a lot to me that you stopped by and shared kind thoughts! Things are definately looking better.