Friday, February 23, 2007

Brrrr....I'm freezing.

Just to the bone cold! Now, it is 68 in here. A perfectly normal tempature. I just happen to be one of those people who is always cold....I wear jeans most of the summer. Chris is better than most men (I've found that most men are always burning up and women are freezing....until midlife....then the tables turn!) and humors me turning the heat up in the winter. He can't abide me having the AC off all summer and cranks it up as soon as he gets home, but in the winter our house is pretty warm.

In light of our recent gas and boiler woes, I'm forcing myself to conserve. I will NOT kick that thermostat up to 72! I will adapt. I will adjust. So I'm sitting here drinking hot tea, wearing slippers and slipper socks, wrapped in a blanket with a heated rice bag on my lap. Brr.

I finally bucked up enough to try the St John's Wort last night. No adverse side effects. I'm not flying around with my usual level of PMS rage. But I did start feeling better yesterday, before I swallowed said pill. And I only took one. I will take another tonight and work my way up to the dosage on the bottle this weekend.

Went to KMart in search of the fabled almost free diapers. Struck out on that account, but did find new shoes for both kids on clearance there. Jordan's were soccer cleats, but the season starts in a month and his old ones were too small last year. He was very excited to see those when he got home from school! Then at Target I discovered that the DYR shelves I've had my eye on for his room were on 75% clearance! Woohoo! I've been wanting to update the storage in his room for almost a year and now I can do it. Plus I got to spend some time with a good friend, and Celia got to spend time with her little friend, so it was a good morning.

We laughed in the car on the way home about me and my total inability to hang shelves straight. This is the one part of home decorating/remodeling that I depend on Chris for (take that back...one of two. I also don't dabble in electricity). I had planned to mostly avoid dealing with him all weekend as I'm still feeling quite crabby over his inattention while out of town (though he did call last night and I could tell he was trying REALLY hard. I just wasn't ready to give in yet.) SO I was going to have to decide to call a truce and get the shelves hung.......hang them crooked myself (no way) or just not have them get done at all.

Then I got home and found a hee-LAR-ious message on our machine. Too good to wait so I called him cackling and played it for him. Needless to say crabbiness is gone on my part. He called be "Babe" so I'm guessing there is a mutual uncrabiness. Note to hubby- Being called "Babe" reminds me of the pig from the movie and makes me start snorting hysterically ....in my own head. Just thought you should know.

0 Comments: