Monday, February 5, 2007

Brrrr...it's cold!

We've got a balmy 0 degrees here....which would be an improvement for some of you northerners....but is pretty cold for us! It snowed some more as well and my kids are going to be so bummed that they can't go out. We have this really nice guy up the street with a scraper/snow blower thing that always walks the whole block and scrapes our sidewalks clean. Which I'm totally grateful for (especially when we have 5+inches) but I'm not sure our little dusting needed done at 5 in the morning! That thing is loud!

This weekend I got out some fabric and made pillow shams for our bedroom (not the project I wanted to do, but it's nice to get something done). I'm going to try and do some curtains today....maybe a throw for the bed. We'll see if that's not too "matchy"

Chris got a ton of work done in the basement, so I'm going to try and clean down there some today. I'm debating painting down there while it's clean before we put stuff in. I think I have enough light blue paint....that would look nice with our brown rugs....I want to keep things nice and light down there since it's such a dark space. I'm thinking of (you know, years from now when we get done remodeling the bathroom and kitchen and get to working on my half of the basement) painting it a very light pink and making it sweet and girly. It's going to be a laundry/craft area.....

I also continued my search for a free piano. We have an electronic one...and it's really nice. Better than the real thing musically.....but I just love the look of a real piano. So, I thought I found one and was really excited because Chris and I looked up the serial number and it was manufactured in 1904.....which would make it an actual antique instead of just more "old stuff" in my house! I set out to go look at it saturday, but I could NOT find this lady's house! They live WAY out (like the closest interstate is a 40 minute drive!) I thought I found it once, but that was someone's driveway, not a road I was looking for. Then I may have found the actual road......but it was a sheet of ice going straight up the side of the mountain and I was afraid to try it. Four wheel drive won't help you much on solid ice! Everything was snow covered, it was impossible. If they list is again this week I'm going to BEG Chris to go look at it and if it's decent (in my head, I've glamourized this thing into a shining gilded glorious thing!) get it for me for Valentine's Day! It's free....so he'd just have to organize his friends to help get it for me!

Jordan is home from school again, due to cold this time....we're still under a boil water advisory, so I'm not sure if they could have had school anyway.

0 Comments: