Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Where's a Walmart When You Need It?

Yesterday Celia and I were gardening maniacs! We got the pumpkin patch all ready, weeded the back flower garden, weeded and planted the front gardens. It was a ton of work!

We also had to take a walk down the alley to find some "porcupines" (pinecones) for Celia to play with. She loves those things.

Anyway, we called Chris and asked him to stop at the new Walmart near his office on the way home and pick up some mulch. He came home at 5:45 empty-handed.

He couldn't find Walmart.

The enormous, huge, SuperWalmart that sits right off the interstate. Nowhere to be found.

So I sent him right back out to our Walmart for mulch. I NEEDED that stuff. I didn't want ot have to weed again in a few weeks.

He got there and called me to inform me that they were out of the Cypress mulch I had requested.

His first suggestion was the red mulch. (Ewww...NO, not the RED mulch)

So we settled on black mulch.



Turns out, I really like the black mulch! I think it looks really good next to my house. I hadn't noticed before, but the cypress mulch just kind of blended in...the black is a nice accent out front. I'll need to get more for the back gardens as I only mulched around my pumpkins.

Pumpkins, in action (well, not so much). Watch them grow and take root!



Here's my little tee-pea (ha ha ha, cracks me up everytime! Me and Jordan....) I built for the pea plants. The are slowly but surely climbing up the thing. I'll post a better picture on that soon. Ignore the gutter falling off my neighbor's garage.


Now that I have the front all mulched....I need to do something about the railings. They where white when we moved in....but needed repainting. I decided that they would look better black, so I started painting one black. Then I ran out of paint. And I quit.

So we have one white rail and one black rail. Very white trash tacky.



Chris thinks we should leave them, as a sign of how we don't care about color. One is white, one is black, and we love them both the same.

I think the black mulch settles it though. The railings need to be white.

I'm not being racist here. We have all this nice looking black mulch. We need white railings for a little diversity.

What do you think?

Oh, and can someone please tell all those dandelions that they have been sprayed, it's time to hurry up and die now?!?!

0 Comments: