Thursday, April 19, 2007

Playing Soccer with the Boys

There is just something about running around a soccer field with a pack on 9 year old boys to make you feel better about yourself.

We were a kid short of a real scrimmage so I had to play. It was kind of hard...to play my position and simulatiously coach the boys. Remembering which ones to play hard against and which ones to take it easy on. I've got to say, I don't really have to take it easy on many of them!

I should also probably wear shin guards if I'm playing with them. I have 3 (count them, 3!) knots on my legs. One on the back of my calf so shin guards wouldn't have done me much good on that one......

Anyhow....while my entire body aches from running that much when I'm kind of out of shape....for 45 minutes I didn't think about anything other than soccer.

And that was kind of nice.

1 Comment:

mrs. b said...

I hear tha soccer is also a great cure for fluffy butt! LOL