Friday, April 6, 2007

All is Not Lost

There is hope for the next generation. I'd like to direct your attention to a little gem of a song I heard when listening to commercial radio yesterday (my favorite cd was gone...)

Cupid's Chokehold by Gym Class Heroes

I liked the song a lot better before I started blogging about it and watched the video (I honestly haven't turned on MTV in....well, it's been a really long time.

Because at first I thought the whole song was about the same girl. I'm not sure how they refrain fits with the verses...I think they just really liked that Supertramp song and stuck it in there.

So all through the song he talks about nice traits of his girlfriend(s) and they are totally normal things. She takes care of him, cooks him good food, loves his band's music, she's got beautiful eyes, gorgeous skin, and a great laugh. Not once does he mention any slang terms for hot sex, a big butt, or bouncing breasts.

It's almost ....sweet. In an alternative hip-hop kind of way.

Now the video....I discover it's really a string of girlfriends...and it does show a few more seductive scenes....but really, it's innocent and demure in comparison to the other crap that's out there!


I already know this post is probably going to bring some nasty losers to my page. I can deal with that....because I'm already bringing in some pretty weird people. Some of my personal favorite google searches that lead people here are:

Brick House Mamas Butts (How dare you!)

Blackberry Frustration Marriage (In my defense, those words are not all combined in the same post on MY page....but I can see how you might be searching for some help there!)

Toddler dealing with anger and peeing (Whoa, get that kid some therapy!)

What is pepperoni skin (you really don't want to know, stop searching while you're ahead)

and finally...

Guitars - Helping Ugly People Get Laid For 50 Years (hmmm, I don't even know what to say to you!)

1 Comment:

Wendy said...

I listened to an interview they did on a morning radio show. They said that the song is about the perfect girl. She doesnt exist.

I like the song and rarely know what any of the songs I listen to mean. Sometimes when you watch the video it really ruins the song. I like the ones that run in my head.