Wednesday, April 4, 2007

And now I have a therapist.

I went to my first appointment with a therapist today and came away pretty happy with the whole thing. Mostly because I was terrified she would recommend I see a doctor and get some pills right away and I'm terrified of taking antidepresssants. Much to my surprise she did not do that, in fact she told me she doesn't think I need them. Whew, that's a load off.

She does talk therapy, seems like a very nice lady. She's going to help me learn to deal with stress, which in turn will make me less crabby, weepy, and overall more pleasant to be with. Woohoo.

Several funny things from my morning so far to share.....the first from my appointment. During the first part of the appointment it was basically a background question and answer session. She asked for the date, and I actually knew it was the 4th of April, so I didn't mind helping her out with that. Then she asked me what year is was and I thought "Hey now, where has this lady been...maybe shes taking a few too many pills"....

Yeah, she was just testing me to see if I knew what year it was! Which is pretty funny to me (and made me feel good, because I passed that one with flying colors!)

Then, on the way home I drove past a co-ed wrapped (not to tightly I might add) in a bright red towel, sitting (that's right, sitting not too demurely) on her porch smoking. I'm not a smoker, so I don't really understand...but I am glad that I'm not having the kind of morning that makes you say "No time for pants, I need a cigarette!"

1 Comment:

The Film Geek said...

Good luck with the therapist, and the stress reduction! :)