Sunday, April 8, 2007

Help Wanted!

Well, I came to the shocking realization last night that Chris will be leaving THIS FRIDAY for Vegas. Just 5 short days from now.

I really thought I had more time...at least another week to try and recover from this marathon of work he's had going on recently.

But no, it's coming up amazingly fast...and I'm not sure how I'm going to get through it.

I know how silly that sounds...I mean, what's one more week. For the past 6 weeks his schedule has been crazy with projects and travel...so really, one more week shouldn't be that bad.

But it is. First off, I'm just incredibly run down and stressed out by this point. Second, he's all the way across the freakin' country this time. Third...well, it's Vegas and I kind of wanted to go. We say every year I'm going, but it never seems to work out that way, and this year that plan fell through the cracks again. Which isn't that big of a deal. One day out children will be grown and on their own and we'll have money to travel, so I'll go to Vegas then.

But I want a break now! Not necessarily a cushy vacation (though a week at the Bellagio sure would be nice) just a break.

So I've decided what I need to get me through the week is a companion. Not that kind of companion....get your mind out of the gutter!

I need a lady to come stay with me.....keep me company! Help me out around here!

Preferably a foreign lady with a cool accent. (I love accents, they just cheer me up so much). Not some scary German, Russian, or French accent...those are a little too intimidating. Someone with a light Spanish or British accent. Heck, I'd even settle for a Canadian or a southerner. But an accent is required.

She should be willing to help out with the house work. Not do it all of course, but we could talk and fold laundry....we could stand in the kitchen and I would cook, she would clean up (because while I love to cook, I do hate the clean up).

She should also be a little older and more knowledgeable than me so I won't have to take frequent computer breaks to Google all these things I don't know how to do (which is a trap. one quick search, a check of my e-mail, my site meter, message boards.....the Internet is a bottomless pit of time wasting!)

After I put the kids in bed we could watch a movie, maybe scrapbook a little...chat about stupid stuff.

She should enjoy tea, with cream. Just like me. That's really a kindred spirit thing......

She could bring a few books she loves with her and let me read them. I'm all out of new stuff. (I'm more than willing to share mine with her...)

Do you know anyone like that? Tell her I'm in the market for some good (free) help.

2 Comments:

mrs. b said...

Rebecca -
Sounds lovely, too bad it doesn't start tomorrow since I'm on break, I could have accomodated! I hope you receive worthy applicants! I've always felt I needed a "wife" and that is almost what you have described.

Wendy said...

I think you need a good girl friend. They are hard to come by and even harder to keep...the older you get.

Or maybe you are shopping for a grandma type. They come in handy, but unforunately have a time limit.

Hope you find what you need. If you dont, dont worry the world wont stop if you dont do everything.