Sunday, April 1, 2007

Mike and Ike, we think alike!

We capped off our little trip to Charleston with a shopping trip at the Charleston Town Center Mall. I usually hate the mall and avoid it like the plague, but I always like going when we are staying in Charleston.

Anyway, hubby had a Jos Banks giftcard to spend and I wanted to look around in Gymboree to see if maybe I'm missing something (I decided I'm not...which is good because those are some pricey little clothes!). We also decided to hit Sears and check out the show clearance (I'd heard some good things) as we all really needed some new casual shoes. We found Jordan a pair of shoes then decide to split up and look for our own since Celia was getting impatient. I found a really cute pair of brown Land's End shoes and grabbed those up then went to help hubby with his. He found two pair he liked, tried them on, even had me feel for his toes to make sure they were good. They were, and we came home.

We get here and I'm unpacking everything. I take all the new shoes out and find that we have bought the EXACT same shoes.


Yeah. We have matching shoes now. If you know anything about me at all, you'll know that I hate to look like any other person (especially if it looks like we may have "planned" it). Unfortunately.....these shoes are really comfortable. And Chris and I don't plan well, so we will probably end up wearing them at the same time. Please snicker where I can't hear you and keep your snide comments to yourself.

I will say the Embassy Suites really didn't score any points with me. I took the kids down to the pool after dinner. The changing area was NASTY. I couldn't even take Celia with me and had to have Jordan stand in the hall and hold her while I changed at breakneck speed. Then we walked into the pool area to find no less than 25 screaming, splashing kids and only 10 parents. Only 1 other parent in the pool (besides me). Jordan jumped right in and commenced screaming and splashing, but Celia and I were totally overwhelmed. We sat on the steps the whole time. Now, I know the Embassy really has no control over that.....but they do have control over these next few things....which I almost hate to share with you because I'm just now getting over the anxiety caused by them.

After about half the kids left, security showed up and milled around for about 5 minutes. I figured they were there because someone had complained about unattended kids, so I didn't think much. After much discussion and milling around, one of them stepped up and asked if we could all get out of the pool for a few minutes while they cleaned up a "little mess".

Uhhhh, what? So I had to go find out what exactly was going on. Someone threw up in the pool.

Gross, nasty, blech, and any other noise of revulsion you can imagine. And they didn't even close the pool! I know there were probably enough chemicals in there to kill anything (including most of my outer later of skin) but for the sheer gross out factor, you need to close it down and shock that sucker.

Anyway, took my kids back to the room and scrubbed what was left of their skin right off of them and discovered a very nasty patch of mildew in the shower. Come on folks, make an effort!

I was also not impressed with the breakfast. I know, you really can't complain about free (well, not free, but included in the price of the room) breakfast....but I'd rather pay for the very nice breakfast you can get at the Marriott.

All in all, it was a very nice trip. I'm exhausted and still trying to shake off the "I've been around puke" anxiety, but I'm also refreshed and ready to start my week.

And I'm ready to lose some weight! I've been telling myself that I'm going to drop at least 5 lbs (and hopefully more like 10) before swimsuit season rolls around....and look, here it is. I was not happy with my new, chubby look in my swimwear this weekend, so I vow to drop some weight before I have to wear it again!

2 Comments:

Bucky said...

Thanks!

I put you in my blogroll also.

:)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, matchy matchy.
Sorry, I just couldn't hold it in.
:)
Glad you had a nice little getaway!