Saturday, April 28, 2007

So much to say, so much to say...

All you Dave Mathews fans will now have that song stuck in your head all day. The rest of you (losers) will just see it as another blog title.

It's been a really long days, so I'm going to start at the beginning and hope to finish before I fall to sleep.

Jordan soccer team, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers had their second game of the season this morning. After our defeat last week, the boys were feeling a little nervous. I did some research on the team we were going to play against (read, asked little dude who played them last week what he thought of them) and found that they are still coming together as a team (read, we had a pretty good shot at beating them). I told the boys I wanted them to get in there and sneak a goal in right after the whistle......before the other team even knew what was going in.

To my surprise, it worked (I wasn't sure if that was a good thing to tell a bunch of little boys) and we went on to win the game. I'm not a big "WE MUST WIN" coach.....but after losing our first game I was really wanting to win this so the boys wouldn't get into an attitude of defeat for the whole season. Now that we've won a game, the pressure is off (no one wants to be that team that loses every game) and we can just play some soccer.

We had to drop one of the boys off after the game, then home to throw out stuff together for a little overnight get away. I had most of the stuff laid out, so we just had to load the car up. My MacBook is a great travel item as it doubles as a DVD player for trips, if we need it (I don't like to use it, but it was a 3 hour drive). I asked Jordan to get one of his movies and one of Celia and throw them in my purse....just in case.

So we all piled in the car and took off. I went right to sleep. It's better for everyone that way. Hubby drives like a maniac and me clutching the window and whimpering makes him very unhappy. That didn't last long....because Celia decided she was NOT going to nap. Odd for her, as she usually sleeps well in the car. She really wasn't too bad, but about 2.5 hours into the trip she had enough and wanted out! I dug through my purse for our emergency video...and guess what....it wasn't there. Never ask a 9 year old to complete a task that you REALLY want done. We ended up watching the same four goofy clips I have saved on my iMovie until we arrived.

Oh yeah...we did have one pit stop so Celia could pee in the weeds. Classic. I helped her (since Chris's technique gets pee on her pants) and the boys said we looked hilarious.

Which brings me up to our current destination..... Glade Springs Resort. It's very nice....definitely a fancy smancy place where I must keep my kids reigned in and not allow them to destroy things or act unruly.

I had already informed Chris that he was totally in charge of the kids (uh, mostly the little one who has missed her nap) from the instant we got here until he had to go to work at 8 (what, you thought this was some kind of vacation or something? Please. ) That worked out just GREAT since our reservation had not been made (thank you very much Fellowship of Christian Athletes) and I had to chase my little cyclone of terror around a very high class lobby filled with delicate glass tables, flower arrangements, and fountains for 25 minutes. We finally just ended up getting out own room (though that has been fixed now) and tried to take the kids to dinner.

We came in the room, Celia immediately stripped buck naked and jumped on the bed (in front of the open window) for five minutes while Jordan cruised the kid's channels on tv.

For some reason (off season?) only two of the five resort dining options were open for dinner....the sports bar and the "Up-scale Dining Facility....It Has a Dress Code". We obviously weren't going to take the two year old into anything upscale, so off we went to the sports bar with our kids for dinner.

The whole "Dad is in charge" thing didn't work out all that well. He let her crawl back and forth under the table (Ugh!) until food came, then got mad because she wouldn't stop crawling under the table. They had a big screaming (her) hissing (him) fight and I had to drag her out of there for a time out on the terrace. Which was a crap plan in itself because the terrace overlooking the golf course with all those funny dressed men driving little tiny cars was MUCH more appealing than the food inside. She much preferred just to stay in time out.

Unfortunately, my salmon was getting cold so I drug her back in. Lucky for me, this lady sat down right beside us wearing the ugliest hat (black ball cap covered in bling) so she sat staring at that while I gulped food. We got out of there fairly quick and went to check out the bowling facilities.

They were really nice! Very family oriented. Even the rich kids (who live on the resort, they are building lots of fancy houses all over the resort property...Chris is practically drooling over them) were very nice and helpful. Any time one of the toddler's balls (another family that Chris works with is here, their little girl is Celia's age) didn't make it down the lanes one of the boys would waddle down the gutters and give it a push. Pretty nice of them, I thought!

The girls quickly got tired of bowling, which left Jordan to bowl all the frames on the kids lane (everyone was happy with that scenario). Then back to the room.

A quick aside- I love Mac. I love iTunes. I love the free, fast, wireless internet here at Glade springs. In the time it took Chris to give Celia a bath, I found two Blues Clues cartoons and downloaded them. $1.99 for sanity that will never be left at home (in Celia's purse...some miscommunication there!) again.

Tomorrow Chris has to work all day. I'm meeting up with the other mommy and we're hitting the pool and the playground. We checked them both out before turning in for the night and they look REALLY nice. We're not talking 9x16 hotel pool here. This thing has a few swim lanes, sloped walk in (much more fun for toddler playing the the first three steps at any other pool). The play area looks great for the girls....Jordan will have fun anywhere. That kid is Mr. Go with the Flow.

He's also a self appointed travel critic. Very open with his opinion. When we got to the security booth and they didn't have our reservation, the guard let us in anyway. Jordan commented "Whew, we're lucky this isn't one of those really NICE places....they don't let ANYONE past without a reservation". He was also concerned about a few cracks in the marble in the lobby. He was very happy to learn that he got a bed all to himself (the beds are super high...we're afraid Celia will fall out so she's sleeping between Chris and I) and spent at least 5 minutes trying to stretch himself to reach all corners of the bed. He was pleased to discover he couldn't do it, proclaimed the place high class, and went to sleep.

0 Comments: