Monday, April 16, 2007

Playing with Scissors.

Look what I did this evening....


Oh, I know. I said I wouldn't do it. I said I was growing it out. It just needed a little trim around the edges. But once you get started, it's just so much fun!

And I didn't cut the shortest part on top hardly at all. So it really wasn't much more than a trim...it was just more of a trim than I had planned. Short hair is just so easy though...

I'm really going to grow it out this time though! Sister-in-law asked me (and the kids, but we're not talking about them here!) to be in here wedding. I'm pretty sure she would like to NOT have to explain to future friends "who the cross-dresser in the wedding party is". Maybe I'll just wear a wig. (Just kidding guys, I promise to behave and not do anything goofy at the wedding.)

My hair cutting technique would cause heart failure in any respectable stylist. I basically grab a hunk of hair, and start clipping away. Sometimes I even have to use my left hand (I'm definitely a righty). I just clip and clip away until I have the look I want, then I dust off and take a shower.

If you're going to cut your own hair, the bathroom is a great place to do it. It's easy to clean up, and it's close to the shower. It also has a door that shuts and keeps the kids from "helping".

There are two very important things that you MUST do if you choose to cut your own hair in the bathroom.

First, take the toothbrushes off the sink. Your family will thank you for this.

Second, pull the plug on the sink. You really don't want a bunch of hair in the drain. If you want to make clean-up easier, dry the sink first as well.

Here are a couple of pictures where you can kind of see the new 'do. While I may be able to cut hair in peace, I certainly can not take pictures in peace!



1 Comment:

Wendy said...

Looks nice. At least you didnt let the little ones try and "help".

Hubby cuts (shaves) his own hair, but I must go to the stylist. I tried it once at home and had to lean my head to one side to make it look even. I do cut my own bangs, because who has time to go to the salon just for that.