Thursday, April 12, 2007

Sniffle Sniff.

Well, I finally caught the cold that has been making it's rounds through everyone I know. I'm really hoping that it doesn't turn into some kind of antibiotic requiring infection. It's not looking good though as my ears are all stuffy and crackly. How ironic is that...I've never had an ear infection (to my knowledge) before this year. I already had a monsterous one in December....I'd rather not do it again.

Plus Chris leaves for Vegas tomorrow morning. Which means any visit to a doctor will likely come with chasing my toddler around the quick care center...as task that is quite likey to make me not go at all.

I have a ton of things I really ought to be doing today....but I'd much rather lay on the couch with my box of tissues and a book. I will probably guilt myself into getting moving shortly and working on the bathroom a little.

It doesn't help that even after my breakdown saturday night Chris really has only done the bare minimum around here. I told him that after the past 6 weeks I just don't know how I can get through one more week alone, that I'm completely overwhelmed, stressed out, and just over all miserable...and I was pretty much dismissed with a pat on the head and a half-hearted "Oh, you'll be fine" before he disappeared back to the void of our basement. Nothing like complete emotional detachment to prepare you for a week of being alone while your spouse lives it up in Vegas.

My therapist recommended that I plan something outside the house every day next week so I have a little adult interaction. I think I'm taking the kids to a bike rodeo on Saturday, and I think we should have a MOPS meeting thursday...so that's something.

I need to figure out a church to go to sunday morning....and now I need to figure out something for Wednesday night. I decided after last night debacle that we would now being going back to the old church.

There hasn't been a teacher for the boy's class for the past two weeks. Last night my friend took them and taught them....but she already is responsible for making sure there are volunteers for the little kid's rooms on sunday morning (more than half the time the schedule workers just don't show up). She's also had an increasing role on the praise team since Chris and I left....so now she didn't her her one chance to actually sit in church (with her husband, who also does much of the media stuff) for our marriage class. She's stressed out, and I'm stressed out for her. I mean, there's nothing I can do about it...I tried talking to the leadership when I was an active member and on the praise team and that didn't do any good....so it's certainly not going to do any good for me to say something now. Anyway, we left the church because it was sucking the life out of me. I can't keep going every week (because as I've mentioned before, the marriage class is doing crap for us when I'm the only one going to it) at watch it sucking the life from my best friend. She's a big girl (and a much stronger, more kind, and faithful woman than I) and will take care of it herself.

Anyway, Jordan is a little social glutton and loves being with a group of boys on wednesday night....so I feel like I have to find something to replace that with.

Celia has lost all patience with mommy typing away on the computer, so I'm going to go and let her climb, jump and waller all over me. I'll be back to rant about my neighbors ('cause that's the kind of mood I'm in today) and share out potty training success.

0 Comments: