Thursday, June 7, 2007

Bathtime, Splinters, and Bees.

Okay, we had quite a day. But instead of regaling you with tales of my frustration, I'm going to share a few cool little gems I've been saving up.

First, my new bathtime favorite...Johnson's Buddy Bar. I got it because, well, it was free. And I fell in love. First off, Celia can't dig her fingers into the soap and pull it all apart. Also, I discovered that when you take it outside (because I'm one of those moms that hoses her kids off in the yard in the summer) dirt can't stick to it. So if you're a camper, you might try it as well. If you want to get it for free, then find any $1 off Johnson's Buddies coupon and it's all yours. You can find printable ones on the internet even.

Second, we have a wood deck. With lots of splinters. Now, I haven't tried this yet, but I've heard that if you get a splinter (with a little piece still sticking out) spread some plain white glue over it. Let the glue dry, peel off. The splinter should come with it.

Lastly, if your kid (or you, if you're a baby about pain) gets stung by a bee, to kill the pain (after you have held your hysterical kid down and removed the stinger) run some deoderent over the sting. The white kind, not the gel kind. I don't know why, but it works. Then you are free to give your kid a talk about needless hysterics and way too much drama.

0 Comments: