Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Vacation is Over!

I've had a bit of an extended visit since my mom has been in visiting for the past few days. I knew we'd be busy, so I planned on not doing laundry or major housework. It was nice!

But yesterday Celia and I drove her back to the airport so now my vacation is over. Back to the everyday business of life.

Yesterday was a pretty great end to the vacation though. Celia was really good on the two hour drive to Pittsburgh. We left early enough to go to IKEA....a twice a year visit to a store I love! I got a lot of nice new things that I've been waiting for, and I didn't spend very much money.

We also had time to swing into Target. They put out their new Dollar Spot items and in it were the cheapy bubble wands that I've been looking for since Easter! Celia and I were thrilled. It's just a round plastic flower on the end of a long stick, but perfect for toddlers. And we only had one. Now we have plenty! That pretty much made my day. She also found a many tentacled ball that she asked for. I usually don't buy my kids stuff when we're out shopping (they usually don't ask either) but the look of desire on her face was so great (and the ball was only $1) that I got it. She loves it. And despite the stink of new plastic, I think it's pretty cool too. I am going to have to pick on up for Jordan though, because he loves it too.

We got Mom to the airport then started home. Celia slept the whole way to I got to sing along to Rent (my very favorite musical.....not kid friendly though, so I rarely get to listen). Then we came home to get out the new baby pool my mom got for Celia, which was loads of fun for everyone.

Unfortunately, here's where my day went to crap....Hubby has decided that he and a work pal want to buy a house to rent out. Which would be great...you know, if we had any money and could take care of the house WE live in. He mentioned it Friday....but I didn't think he was serious so just left it alone after stating my "I don't think that's a good idea right now" opinion. Well....they are having lunch with a mortgage broker today. Our discussion over that did NOT go well. I think I'm being a realist....he thinks I'm being overly negative and mean.

Whatever. I'm currently clinging to the hope that no sane banker would give them money, as I know we certainly have NOTHING for a down payment (we're still reeling from that $800 gas bill and braces!).

I'm also really busy today, so hopefully I won't have much time to worry about it.

1 Comment:

Wendy said...

Sounds like something my husband would do. It is kinda how his law enforcment store got going.
"Hon, I think I am going to open a LE store with so and so." "Yeah, whatever."
The store will be opened in about a month. *sigh*

Good Luck.