Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Peepee Paranioa

AKA Rolling Up the Rugs.

I can't get past with aliteration thing this week for some reason.

Sometime in the 30 seconds while I ran upstairs to use the bathroom, Celia peed in her little potty (in the living room) and tried to empty it all by herself. Needless to say, a mess was made.

Since the floor has to be mopped again anyway, I decided to roll the rugs up and take them outside. I'm terrified of the house smelling...well....like we have semi-pottytrained toddler getting pee everywhere. So I got the one rolled up and out (we have two side by side...a bargain trick I learned from HGTV....sometimes two 5x8 rugs are less expensive than a big one, and if you lay them side by side you can't really tell it's two rugs) onto the porch. I wrestled the thing until I had it neatly draped over the porch rail and came back for the other.

I discover that mommy's little helper is working hard to get the job done without me!



Anyway, I finally got both rugs out, sprayed them down good (front and back) with some lysol. Then I figured while they were out there I should beat on them a little.

I mean, that's what people so with rugs outside anyway. Not like we have an actual rug beater or anything (does anyone have those anymore?) so I used a golf club. I think it was a wedge. (Hon, it was that one you took to the football field weekend before last....it's still outside. What kind of club is that?) You'd be amazed what came out of that thing. I'm not even going to tell you. It's appalling.

But if you have area rugs, you should really give it a try and see just how ineffective your vacuum really is!

0 Comments: