Thursday, May 3, 2007

My Husband, the Psychic.

At least he told my therapist he is.

Not really, but that's totally what it sounded like, and after that I could NOT stop laughing. I just sat in my chair snickering and giggling. For the rest of the appointment.

Which is not the best thing to do when you're talking to a therapist about your marriage. In my defense, the therapy session was pretty much a mute point anyway. We have already made it through the past two month's were he accidentally (sort of...I told him that it would suck, but it didn't think it would suck THAT bad, so he went ahead and scheduled everything. Halfway through he realized I was right, he scheduled too much and it really DID suck, but was already committed) scheduled an amazing amount of crap one after another. Needless to say his presense in the home (both physically AND emotionally, the latter being the part that irked me) was a little lacking. So we're done with all that, he's once again the present and helpful husband that I married (though I'm still a crazy loon and will continue therapy for some time on my own).

So going into this meeting, we were kind of relaxed because...well, everything had already been fixed.

So when she started asking Chris about his work , he started explaining the constantly changing aspect of it and how he likes it that way because he is "psyc-lik" like that. He meant cyclic. I totally got that.

She didn't though....just raised her eyebrows and asked him to explain what that meant, serious as can be.

Which is when I lost it. And never regained control. I hope we don't have to talk about that when I'm in next week.

In other news, it was spa day at MOPS. I got my eyebrows waxed (for the first time ever.....but don't go thinking I was a big uni-brow mess before today, I can assure you I was not!) a massage and did a yoga-ish stretching session with some sports therapist guy.

Which led me to another bout of uncontrollable snickering and giggling. Most of the moves he demonstrated were followed by an "advanced level" of the move. You know, something fast and wild looking. And they were all kind of funny...wild arms flapping around thing.

But then we got to stretching the umm...pelvic region. As we're all standing on one leg trying to stretch our pelvic muscles, trying desparately not to fall over, I joke with the mom next to me about the advance move for that one, thinking surely.....surely there would be none.

Oh but there was. There was. Gyration like I have never seen before (in a church no less!). I had to turn my back and fake a coughing fit as to not reveal myself as the immature goofball that I really am. After all, I don't know these ladies very well yet.

I'm pretty sure that no one was fooled.

3 Comments:

Jessica said...

This made me giggle. Thank you. Your daughter in the post below is gorgeous. My daughter's two and not quite so helpful as to roll rugs up in any helpful manner, rather roll herself up and roll into the corner of the room where she lies giggling at goodness-knows-what.

Rebecca said...

I don't know about helpful.

After all, we were only rolling them up and taking them out because she spilled pee on them....

It's the thought that counts though!

Jessica said...

Most definatly. And who knows, the pee spills may have been love gifts.