Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Blogger Blowouts and Bargain Brags.

Nice Alliteration, huh?

Alright, so most of my day was wasted by me playing around with my blogger template. I know, a complete waste of time as I had a perfectly fine template, but I'm tired of it. Last night I fought with a 3 column template, unsuccessfully. This morning I changed up my color scheme to my favorites (pink and brown). This afternoon I got the 3 column thing to work with a hack template, fixed all my links, then tried to change my color scheme. Nope, can't do it. But I'm learning...it'll get there. And I have a really great idea to give my page some individuality, but I need Chris to help me out a little on that one. He knows my MacBook better than I do.

I do have to share a Celia picture and story. While making beds this morning I discovered that sometime she has peed in her bed. Ew. How this escaped my notice yesterday or whatever day she did it I don't know. So we took the sheets of and threw those in the wash. But her mattress was a little.....unpleasant smelling. So I threw a layer of baking soda on it, got some fresh air circulating in there (yes, baking soda really does work that well. And if it doesn't, spritz the mattress with vinegar. I know, you're thinking vinegar is stinky stuff...but when it dries, the stink goes away and it takes all other stink with it.) We got dressed, went outside to play.

A little later we come in for lunch. She finishes, says "I'm done" and leaves the kitchen. I was still eating, so I sat there reading a magazine and eating my sandwich when I realised it was really quiet.

Quiet is not good.

So I call her name. No answer.

I walk around the downstairs, looking in all her favorite spots. Nope.

I start to get hysterical and check to be sure the doors are locked (I know she would run if she could get out. I never even had to shut a door when Jordan was a toddler, but this one is a runner. I live in fear of forgetting to lock a door and having her run away). I'm running around, screaming her name.

I know she didn't go upstairs, I didn't hear her to that. But as a last ditch before I call the police effort I run up there.

Sure enough, that little booger had tiptoed up the steps. She knew I would stop her, so she got sneaky and quiet. I found her just rolling in baking soda on her mattress, patting it on her face like powder, using her little butt (our house has apparently become a clothing optional resort for toddlers) as a powder puff to dust everything with baking soda.




I decided to her the shopping done tonight while I could leave the kids with Chris. To my delight I found that I felt fine at Target and Giant Eagle. No identity crisis there. I guess I'm just not a Walmart shopper.

Anyway, I feel like I did great, so I'm going to brag on my shopping a bit. First, for $50 at Target I got:

32 Rolls of paper towels ( I know this seems a little excessive, but you had to get this many to get the deal...they ended up being .40 a roll. I may never need to buy them again)

10 tin plant labels (just because they were cute)

3 Ribbon headbands (same darn reason)

2 Polos for Jordan

3 Doorknob covers (the socks and rubber bands looked a little ghetto, but I'm not sure these things will keep the little escapee in)

1 Polo for Chris

1 Pair of Jeans for Chris (they actually fit him, yay!)

A buttload of Star Wars stuff for my son's upcoming big birthday party...he's hitting double digits this year!

Okay, so not too bad a Target. Now on to Giant Eagle. Here's where it gets good. For my $50 there I got:

10 boxes Eggo waffles

5 Boxes Cap'n Crunch (How retro is that! I used to love that stuff)

10 bottles of relish

3 gallons milk

3 loaves of bread and a bunch of hot dog buns

2 things squeezable jelly

A monster bottle of ketchup,

Some more baking soda!

A bunch of really yummy looking produce, I even sprung for the good lettuce this time!

A ton of other stuff to piddly to list. I just love the totals on the bottom of my receipt..

Total Due: $49.53
Total Saved: $43.51

The bargain high I get....priceless.

Sorry if these past few posts have become a little too blahg and boring for some of you. Thanks to my favorite verbotomist (okay, so I only know one, but still favorite!) for giving me a new label to obsess over. Keep in mind, I'm writing this more for me than for you!

1 Comment:

Barbie Girl said...

Miss Baking soda is ADORABLE!