Monday, May 7, 2007

Thanks Mom, Marrow Donor Drive!

Here's your chance!

If you missed it last time I blogged about becoming a marrow donor, now you have a another shot!

This is a big deal folks....you could save someone's life!

How many chances do you have to do something that big for another person? Unless you're a doctor, policeman, paramedic, fireman, or one of those other lifesaving professions that I'm forgetting, not too often.

It takes no skill, so special training. You don't have to spend years in medical school or jump into a burning building.

All you have to do is register to be a marrow donor. This week, in honor of Mother's Day (this Sunday, get me something nice, hint hint) you can register for absolutely free! Some nice person somewhere is paying all the lab costs for you to get registered. Isn't that nice of them?

So come on, do it for me. As your Mother's Day gift to me (no, I don't need bone marrow). I know, I'm not your mom, or the mother of your children (except for Chris, who does read this, but I already made him sign up. So he actually has to go out and get me something. He'll tell you how painless and easy it is to register.) But it's important to me. So do it already!

All you have to do is go HERE to register. Somewhere in that process (near the payment end) it will have a field for a promotional code, so here it is:

thanksmom0507e

Get everything filled out and in a few weeks you'll get some more information and some extra large Q-Tips. All you have to do is wiggle them around on the inside of your mouth, send them back, and go on with your life.

You'll probably never hear from them again.

But one day, you might get a call, and you could save the live of someone's mother. Or their child, father, sister, brother, boss, friend, or crabby neighbor. And you will feel really good about it.

So do it!!!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day ...I registered. Thank you for sharing this site.