Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Life - Soundtrack by the Beatles.

Okay, I know with the volume of Beatles music, really, ANYONE could create a soundtrack to their life. But since my kids are so into it (that and freaking Rhinocerous Taps...and if I have to listen to that crappy cd one more time I'm going to drive off the overpass. Not really, but I hate that cd)....and we listen to the Beatles a lot........and I tend to be introspective while driving the car....there you have it. My life, by the Beatles.

So a few weeks ago it was Lady Madonna.....today was Help.

Which is kind of odd...because I had a pretty good day. Busy, but alright.

But we were out of the house all morning. Shopping (but not spending much money) and having an all around good time. I was really dreading coming home though.

The house is trashed. I just can't keep up with being a mom to my kids, driving Jordan to all his various things, shopping for the family, my new job, getting myself to the doctor, and keeping the house clean. So if something's got to go undone...it's the house.

Hey, I figure the laundry and toys will still be here tomorrow. And my kids don't seem to mind the clutter...

Anyway....Help is a very good song for that kind of thing. Because I remember (when I was younger so much younger than today) having one kid, who happened to be in school all day. Only having to vacuum once a week. To clean the kitchen once a day. To do laundry every week in a half.

It's not that the little one is so messy (well, I mean, she kind of is) but while I'm busy chasing her and cleaning up after her and trying to figure out where she put my glasses.....I can't...umm....gently remind....the boys to clean up their crap.

It's a mess around here...and I hate it.

So HELP, I need somebody, help, not just anybody. Help, you know I need someone....HELP!

2 Comments:

Kathi said...

I so hear you on that one. My house is never as clean as I would like it - it's not so much that it's filthy - just clutter.

There is so much to do and cleaning is always at the bottom of my list.

As you can see - reading blogs tops cleaning any day (but I do have a load of laundry in the dryer - so that counts as multi tasking, right? never mind - it's been sitting in there for 2 days).

Paul said...

I can't for the life of me figure out why parents spend so much time worrying about how messy their house is. My wife is constantly angst-ridden over the clutter in our house. I keep telling her that it's normal for households with children to have toys and junk strewn about. Just relax and do what you can!

My theory is if it isn't (or wasn't) edible then it doesn't need picked up immediately. As long as the kitchen is relatively clean I can deal with the rest.