Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Take Me Out to the Ball Game!

I've got to say, when Chris came home work last week with tickets to see the Charleston Power....I though he was off his rocker. I'm sorry, but a 2 year old at a baseball game sounds insane to me.

But I was surprised.....we actually had a very pleasant evening!

We had a ton of extra tickets....which I gave away to some very happy people before we went into the park. I love giving stuff away!

The park itself is new....and very nice! We found our seats (Chris insisted on sitting right on the 3rd base line.) I decided to go get food and drinks for everyone....I'm better at carrying precariously balanced trays of food. Chris is better at keeping baseballs from bashing the baby's face in. So that deal worked for everyone.

Since the only thing I know about baseball is that you're supposed to eat peanuts and CrackerJacks....that's what we got.

They also had frozen lemonade....which sounded great o me. Turned out, it was better than I could have ever expected. Celia was engrossed in eating her lemonade for AT LEAST 45 minutes. It was awesome.


Really, I need to learn to make this at home.


I could get a lot more stuff done if she had frozen lemonade all day.


She did get a little restless near the end, but I took her up to walk her around the walkway. She thought that was cool....and everyone thought she was cute. Since it was Friday the 13th, the park promotion was for the kids to come in costume and trick or treat on the field after the game. So she was wearing her Mermaid costume.

The trick or treat thing was almost a disaster. The kids all had to have pre-registered and had a special ticket! (They didn't put that anywhere on the website!) There were lots of angry parents, but since Celia and I had found the fan services area during our walk, we all just went over there, a lady gave us some tickets, and off the kids went to get candy.

After that, there were fireworks. We were mildly concerned....since Celia spend all of the 4th of July in the house avoiding fireworks, but she actually did really well. Buried her head in Chris's neck for the loud parts, but no crying at all ("Hey, there's no crying in baseball!" I know, the game was over, but I just had to say it!)



3 Comments:

brooke said...

Yay you for braving a long public outing!! S went to his first game at 9 months, and made it to the 6th inning. Not bad at all. Oh, and those walks are fantastic as well as looking for the team mascot.

P.S. We have monkey backpacks for the boys!

Anonymous said...

I've always enjoyed taking our kids to the games at Power Park. I recommend, however, not sitting directly beneath the press box in the seats behind home plate. Talk about loud!

denny said...

Rebecca you have been given the power to schmooze. Check out this post on my blog to find out what I'm talking about. Have a great day!!!

http://wv-outdoors.blogspot.com/2007/07/schmoozer.html