Saturday, July 21, 2007

What to do with this hair?!?

Alright, so I'm trying to grow it out. Growing your hair out is never easy. It's just not. And it goes through all these awkward "I don't know what to do with this" stages. Which is where I am now.

Thursday night I had the tv on (because I was actually watching 30 Rock and Scrubs) and this show came on...now, I've never been a big Posh Spice fan (sorry, you can put out all the upscale lines of clothing and act as snooty as you want, but once you've done something like the Spice Girls, your name will always be Posh...and that's not a good thing, just in case you weren't sure).

But I do love her hair. I think it's really cute....and unfortunately very trendy. I usually don't "do" trendy hair....but I really like it. And I read up on the internet and it's rated "easy to take care of" which is really important to me....since I don't have a stylist to follow me around while I strike random poses around my house like Mrs. Posh does.

Since my hair was already such an "I don't know what to do with it" wreck. I trimmed up the sides a little so it looked cleaner and a little more angled down like I want it to me. I thought it was an improvement.

The hubby barely noticed (he did have quite a day...which I'll probably blog about because I doubt he will) and when I showed him the pictures of how I want it to look eventually he gave me a look like I was insane (or stupid) and said "but her hair is a lot longer than yours".

Yeah it is genius. That's why I'm growing it out.

Jordan's comments were, "I don't like that tattoo. And you don't have blond hair".

I have no support around here.

3 Comments:

Wendy said...

I have had hair similar to her. I have had a bob for about 15 years and have done the angled part. The only problem I had with it, is that it must be styled everyday or it looks like crud. You cant pull into a ponytail and you cant just let it airdry. Well, now my hair at least.

The upside is that if you keep it short, like hers, then it doesnt take that long at all. However, that does mean that you need regular haircuts. For me that meant once a month.

Good Luck and pictures, please.

brooke said...

gl with the hair growing out. try to resist the urge to chop it off when it hits the tip of your nose.

P.S. Men! what do they know?!

Barbie Girl said...

You could always pull a "Barbie Girl" and when you get sick and tired of it, and can't get in to see your hairdresser for a month, hack it off yourself!