Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Jordan the Incredible!

Well, yesterday was a very good day for Jordan. He brought home his report card. He's really been stressing about, and he did great! He has a 3.41 GPA, all of his grade came up. His semester GPA was a 3.2, mostly from a C in math he got first 9 weeks (it always takes him awhile to kind of settle into school each year). Plus all the comments on his card say what a good independent worker he is, great student, those kinds of things! That impresses me even more than the grades....because I KNOW he's smart....but boy does he loves to talk! He usually has a comment on there about talking in class, but none this time!

His orthodontist appointment went pretty well. He was extraordinarily nervous, but made it through. He only needs a little pair of braces on his front, top teeth. Nothing on the bottom at all. Cost isn't too bad....still more than we have, but we'll find it somewhere.

Then we came home for the evening and the sidewalks needed shoveled, and that kid LOVES to shovel snow. All in all, a very good day for him.

Celia was her normal happy self, took an okay nap....didn't get into much other than the cereal!

Today I've got to get moving and go to Walmart (yuck, I hate Walmart), though maybe I'll be really motivated and get to Target (which I love....but don't want to drive that far twice in one day...Jordan has guitar lessons in Morgantown today). At some point I've got to make time to potty train Celia. I feel really bad about it, because I think she's ready and she could do it.....if only I could block out a couple of days at home! If I'm really lucky I'll find some cute fabric at Walmart and be able to cover pillows for the family room. I want something "fun" for the kids....

And those darn pictures on the wall....I worked on them some more and now we have a fish on the wall! It's not as obvious so I think I'll leave it!

0 Comments: