Monday, January 29, 2007

Intro to Me.

Okay. So last year I thought it would be a good idea to start keeping a journal. I did really well, wrote every day....but using Word was kind of a pain. Then Chris (my husband, for anyone who doesn't know me) bought me this cute little MacBook for Christmas....so I've been trying a few other things. MacJournal was okay.....but I never could figure out if I could put pictures in there. Plus, it cost $40 and this is free, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

This whole thing started when Chris's Grandma passed away. We now have boxes and boxes in our basement of his families photos and some of her journals. I had the greatest time just reading through them, looking for snippets about Chris or his mom and dad. I'm hoping that one day my kids and grandkids will read through my stuff and laugh (or occassionally be shocked! there's some fun in that too!)

Now, when I started this whole thing......I said to myself that I was not going to be...well, let's be honest here....bitter and angry (like many of grandma's journals were!). I've found it's really impossible....so maybe I'm a bitter and angry person...or maybe the whole journaling thing just gets emotion spilling out of people. You can make your own call on that.

You're also going to find lots of stories of my chilren. I'm a pretty typical mother, biased to a fault. They both are just the cutest little things and I do believe they might change the world when they grow up. I like recording the little things the do every day to remember forever. I wish I had started this when Jordan was a baby because I'm worried that one day I'll forget all those little things he's done and gone through. Even when I just read through what I've written in the past year I surprise myself with how much stuff I've forgotten.

More about me....well, I'm a Christian. Lately I've been spending a lot of time doing Bible research (that's right, reading non-fiction for fun. That officially makes me a dork, in case you had any doubt on that account!). I also read fiction a lot. I'm a stay at home mom, and I'm really happy doing that. I'm getting into this whole domestic thing and I'm really glad it's something we're (as a family) able to do. I used to teach music....I might again one day. Even if it's just giving a few lessons. I also like to scrapbook, cook, decorate the house......and shop! I have a bargain shopping obsession! That's really not a bad thing, because if you like to shop a lot you might as well figure out how to not spend all your money doing it!

Okay, that's enough background. You're just going to have to pick up the rest as we go!

3 Comments:

mrs. b said...

Rebecca - I had no idea how you got started on your journaling. I think it is a neat idea to record what the kids do because you are right - we forget so much!

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

Yeah, one day I'll have to get out some of her (Chris's grandma) old journals and include snippets about my family.